Press Release title: Hewitt Associates, The RBL Group and FORTUNE Announce Global Top Companies for Leaders
Here are some excerpts from the press release that caught my eye:
“even during the economic downturn, Global Top Companies remained committed to building leadership capability within their organizations. In other words, tighter budgets and fewer resources forced these organizations to think and act smarter and more creatively about what really mattered when it came to leadership — but they didn’t lose focus.”
“Strong leadership is a critical element in helping global companies successfully compete, yet many organizations lack the know-how and infrastructure to create a robust pipeline of leaders for future success. Simply put, they lack the discipline to build leaders”
Here are some of the key elements of the companies that leverage Leadership:
- Leadership remains a critical priority — in good or bad economic times
- Succession planning is deliberate and consistent
- Leaders clearly understand what is expected of them as leaders
- Developing the next generation of leaders is a priority (formal program in place)
According to the panel, the Top Companies for Leaders are:
- The Procter & Gamble Company
- General Mills, Inc.
- McKinsey & Company
- ICICI Bank Ltd.
- McDonald’s Corporation
- General Electric Company
- Titan Cement Company S.A.
- China Mobile Communications Corporation – Shanghai Ltd.
- Hindustan Unilever
- Natura Cosmeticos S.A.
- Colgate Palmolive
- TNT N.V.
- Deere & Company
- Whirlpool Corporation
- 3M Company
- Cargill, Incorporated
- Olam International
- Eli Lilly and Company
- PepsiCo, Inc.
- American Express Company
- Lockheed Martin Corporation
- Intel Corporation
- Infosys Technology
- FedEx Corporation
The full press release can be found here: http://www.hewittassociates.com/Intl/NA/en-US/AboutHewitt/Newsroom/PressReleaseDetail.aspx?cid=7609